Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MyMusingsSangSpeak-Pet Puja- Tricoloured Omlette

Tricoloured Omlette

Omlette- the essential breakfast of majority, made in variety of ways, with varied ingredients. My mother made it with finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies, turmeric and salt. My husband likes his omlette with only coriander leaves, red chilly powder, turmeric and salt. I like all types of omlettes and when I come across a thela (roadside cart) selling omlette, the wafting aroma of omlette transports me to a heavenly trance. I am sure many of you'll must have experienced it too. Need I elaborate more on omlette, come, let me give you the recipe of my tricoloured omlette.



Ingredients

Eggs - 2 nos
Red Bell Peppe r- 20 gms finely chopped
Yellow Bell Pepper - 20 gms finely chopped
Green Capsicum - 20 gms finely chopped
Sauteed Mushrooms – Optional, about 10-15 gms
Cheese (optional) - 15 gms
Salt – As per taste
Black Pepper Powder – As per Taste
Oil – 2 tablespoons



Method:

Whisk the eggs along with the chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a frying pan and pour the egg mixture and top with cheese, cover the pan for 2 minutes and cook on medium heat. Then turn the omlette and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Tricoloured omlette is ready to be served.

Servings: Serves single person.


No comments: