Tuesday, July 3, 2018

MyMusingsSangSpeak - My Kinda Photography



My Kinda Photography


With the advent of modern technology, photography has become the most sought-after hobby and profession. I got interested in photography in my teens and back then, it was more of black and white photography. Cameras were a costly affair and very few people could afford this luxury. There was maybe one camera per family on an average during my childhood. If you were going on a travel, mostly you would be borrowing a camera from your relative, either uncle or cousin.

Photographs are a sure shot way of capturing the momentous occasions of one’s life and preserving those memories forever. My first encounter with a camera was about 40 years ago when I went for a school trip to Kashmir and had borrowed my Uncle’s black and white 16 mm Yashica camera. As this was the first experience of handling a camera, the results were just about satisfactory. I hardly knew anything about photography and even today, I have not learnt much. As time passed, through the college years came the 28 mm Minolta, followed by the 36 mm Kodak, Konica and so on. We had to insert the camera roll and use autofocus to shoot. The photographs need to be processed in photo studios/labs to make prints. All this is bygone era now.

Now, fast forwarding to the electronic and digital age, ushered the era of digicams. My daughter, who is quite an expert in photography and also has done a course, introduced me to it and I slowly took to photography. My technophobia just does not allow me to try out the latest technology quickly. I began with the Sony Cybershot Digicam point and shoot camera about five years ago and just went on clicking spree. My daughter has given me lots of valuable tips and inputs about various aspects of photography, which have helped me greatly. She prods me to take a course and I am yet to take that piece of advice, maybe sometime soon. Till then, I am just a self-taught photographer.

Presently, I use Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H300 and it has given me good results. Nowadays, as mobile phones come with built in cameras, I use mobile cameras too, and have tried to click good snaps with LG Smartphone, Samsung Note 3 Neo that has given excellent results always and my latest is Oppo F5.  I am now waiting to graduate to using DSLR. I am asked always by my friends as to which camera I use to click photographs and I tell them that I use the one that is available to me. It is the standard answer that all expert photographers give, as told to me by my daughter also, time and again, all depends on the photographer to click a great picture.

This article was long overdue and is dedicated to all my friends who appreciate my photography and continually encourage me to excel. Photography is passion for me and I hope to continue it as long as it gives me happiness. Every photo has a story behind about it as to why, where, when and how. The wildlife and bird photographs take hours of waiting and patience, the efforts are paid off after seeing the results. I rarely edit my images, except for cropping. I don’t know much about the technicalities of photography, hope to learn soon. Thanks to you all for being a part of my photographic journey so far.

No comments: